League of Legends has a brand new champion popping out prior to an excessive amount of longer, able to leap into the middle of the degree. There’s just one drawback – her spot on degree is already taken.
Seraphine is the most recent champion introduced for the MOBA titan, however gamers aren’t too glad to peer her for plenty of causes. More than anything else, Seraphine is seeming like Sona 2.0.
To evaluate and distinction their kits, they in point of fact are alarmingly identical. But one doesn’t also have to move so far as having a look at talents to peer why the 2 characters are being in comparison as overly identical, with Sona’s musician-themed magic function being stepped on quite completely.
But as soon as one does have a look at their kits, the similarities are alarming. To paraphrase Seraphine’s talents, we’ve the next:
- Passive: Stage Presence – Every 3rd elementary talent Seraphine casts will echo, mechanically casting a 2nd time. Ability casts close to an best friend create a Note, with each and every Note giving her basci assaults extra assault vary and extra magic harm.
- Q: High Note – Seraphine initiatives a natural notice, dealing magic harm that’s larger by way of the objective’s lacking well being share.
- W: Surround Sound – Seraphine grants herself and allies motion velocity and a defend, opting to heal within reach allies if already shielded.
- E: Beat Drop – Seraphine offers magic harm and slows enemies in a line. Enemies already slowed are rooted, enemies already rooted are shocked.
- R – Encore – Seraphine offers magic harm and stuns champions within reach, together with allies.
🌊⭐ PBE PREVIEW: Ok/DA ALL OUT Seraphine pic.twitter.com/XJjflZyD5z
— League of Legends (@LeagueOfLegends) October 13, 2020
If you’re conversant in Sona, that’s all you in point of fact wish to know, however simply to ensure the parallels are transparent, Sona does the next:
- Passive: Power Chord – After 3 spell casts, Sona’s subsequent assault offers further harm with an additional impact in accordance with the closing activated music.
- Q: Hymn of Valor – Deals magic harm to 2 within reach enemies, granting bonus harm to within reach allies.
- W: Aria of Perseverance – Heals Sona and a close-by best friend, granting an air of secrecy that grants allies a short lived defend.
- E: Song of Celerity – Grants within reach allies bonus motion velocity, giving an advantage air of secrecy with the similar impact.
- R: Crescendo – Sona offers harm and stuns champions in a line, now not affecting allies.
Comparing and contrasting highlights how unbelievably identical the kits are. Near-identical ultimates, passives each in accordance with a three-count metric, a dangerous talent, a heal, and a sluggish?
Really, Seraphine is shockingly very similar to Sona, and the truth that their lore and theme attracts them into additional parallels simplest worsens the comparisons that persons are highlighting.
Exacerbating the problem is that Sona mains have lengthy been calling for a transform to the APC/Support’s equipment for somewhat a while. With this transformation, it feels very similar to the replace they sought after for his or her champion merely went to making any other as a substitute.